“I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”


Takeshi Shudo

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Creativity + Bipolar Disorder

What has Bipolar disorder got to do with creativity?

I've read in many articles that many great artists and writers are bipolar or are speculated to be bipolar by psychiatrists.

Heightened creativity usually happens during mania. I guess that's a good reason, since it's a time of hyperactivity, elated self-esteem, impulsiveness, over optimism, imagination runs high and so it might result to a person doing his bests and making the most of his talent and skill.

I am one good example. The last time I posted in my blog was two months ago. And now, expect me to have more than three posts just this day. I haven't continued my on-going novel for almost 3 months, and now i'm continuing it again. I haven't draw for almost a year, now I'm thinking of doing it again and imagining a lot more than ever! I'm sleepless nowadays because of indulging myself in these productive activities.

Some of the well-known creative people who are and might be bipolar:
My idols: Marylin Monroe, Britney Spears, Emily Dickinson, Vincent Van Gogh, Michaelangelo, Kurt Cobain, Ozzy Osbourne, Edgar Allan Poe, Axl Rose

And many other!!!!

Someday, I'll be one of the long list of creative minds with bipolar disorder. You'll see my name in many articles, Wikipedia, and other books. Haha




Yours truly,

Mistress Gaga

No comments: