“I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”


Takeshi Shudo

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

I Dance Alone in Empty Halls


I dance with the shadow of a ghost.

A music so familiar plays in my ears,
without the piano, the violin nor the chime,
but clear as a voice whispering close by.

My mind has gone off to a distant forgotten cage of solitude.
Naked and cold, on warm nights of summer,
I sway side to side.

Drunken hours of lost passion, nostalgic caresses from somewhere in time,
the past haunts even in my deepest slumber.
Tears have frozen inside my ducts, unable to fall.

I dance and dance.

Footsteps echo in the empty hall,
along with aggrieved souls that has seen
years of pain and love departing.

On my knees I drop,
the tremors in my hands I couldn’t stop.

Still I ask, ‘”What have I done?”
Nobody told me they’ve left and ran.
I opened my eyes one day,
only to find the room has decayed.

A crab in a small crevice,
afraid and lost, finding sanity,
or perhaps not, just a pun entirely.

But I could feel the ache of longing,
crippling, but I still dream:

May the shadows show me the light,
an escape into a real world tonight.

I dance alone in empty halls,
Naught but the walls were my only companion.



No comments: