“I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”


Takeshi Shudo

Friday, January 23, 2009

StarLit Sky



Under a black starlit sky, I was alone and depressed. I looked up to heaven and glimpsed upon a tiny star and thought it told me something...


Look at the stars. They're like humans here on land. Some shine brightly; some shine the brightest; and some hide behind darkness. There are great men, there are just men, and there are even men of no identity. I am one of the tiny dots in the sky, but I have a color different from the rest of them. though I may be small, odd-colored and my light is dull; you will see sooner or later, that star with the oddest color will shine the brightest from all the rest. Look at them, look at me, look up at all of us, and be hopeful. At first, you may be just a tiny dot in the universe, or maybe nothing at all! But...Believe in yourself...In what you can do, and in what you can be...Be the greatest of who you are, then, you can shine brightly like the rest us, or better yet, the brightest among the stars and inspire mankind...

No comments: