“I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”


Takeshi Shudo

Monday, February 2, 2009

Dark Chocolate




It is time that I should forget the taste of a dark chocolate.
It is bitter-sweet and melts easily on my tongue. It's bitterness is soft and tasty. It's sweetness is gross and unpleasant. My worry is that, why are bitter-tasting treats are a lot more wonderful in my mouth than those honey-flavored candies that leaves you parched and wanting for more?Why is it that sweetness linger most on our taste buds? Why is it that bitterness doesn't but I still love it? I hate sweet-tasting white chocolates because I don't want to thirst for it every now and then but cannot be quenched. Bitterness doesn't thirst me, but I love it and I never get tired of it. Though it pleases me, it's bitterness still stay. It is still bitter, always bitter. Why won't the former linger not? I hope it would not so I could taste it without reluctance, since it won't make me addicted to it and won't parch my throat. A dark chocolate is bitter, as bitter as it can be, but I love it. And why is it so? Isn't it that sweetness is sweeter than bitterness? I wish I would be fearless to give in to sweet white chocolates and would be able to love it. But then, I'm stuck with the bitter taste of my dear dark chocolate.

1 comment:

Kinjie said...

exarkic
amshi
honspere-new word

hehehe...oh, confusion between sweetness and bitterness? yes, I also cant understand whywe prefer dark chocolates though we hate bitter things...