“I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”


Takeshi Shudo

Sunday, December 28, 2008

...ESCAPE tO PARADISE...

I believe that this is the moment of my escape. After years of searching for the right path, for my destination, I finally realized all the signs on the road, tried to tell me. During those uncertain times, I thought I could never get sight of the right trail. I deemed it impossible for someone like myself - coward and weak - to dare get a grasp of peace and happiness, even lightly. But I stood, held my head upright, blinked my eyes a moment, but never regarded myself a bit of strength and will. The cowardice and weakness which molded my character, contoured my actions were the ones that unexpectedly nurtured an iota of strength and will submerged within the pit of my consciousness. Owing to the hurts and resentments I've exposed myself into in the past years of my life, these have hardened me, nullified the piercing pain of unmended wounds. Later, I was in apathy however, realizing such coldness in me, whereupon I entered a new place on earth filled with frivolity yet saturated with fervent love for life. My cynical view changed, my somber regard to living was soon tinted with frolic naivety. I then saw the light emanating from a direction I once forbore to look upon, yet I now firmly laid my eyes on. My escape to paradise will not remain in perpetuity, i reminded my self. But, I still believe in paradise. I know it's not some place you can look for. It's how you feel for a moment in your life. It is this moment. Not yesterday nor tomorrow, but at this very moment.

2 comments:

carl uno said...

wow! you're very strong. Paradise is never lost. you just have to believe that every challenges are a part of that paradise you are in. from what i can see, i know you're going to make it through thick and thin.

Kiyuki MeiLi Chizuko said...

yes, absolutely carl uno...paradise is never lost because its how you feel for a moment in your life...it is me, in you, in us...we have in our own hands the key to paradise..thank you for the encouragement...ill try my best to do as what you expect...hahahaha